How to join a private group
- Groups page – with an example of declining a membership request.
- Page of a group – with an example of accepting a membership request.
1. On the group directory page of the website, click the request membership button in the private group you want to join.
2. You will see the text request membership on the button that changes to membership required.
3. Your request to join the group is sent to the private group administrator via email if enabled, and via notification in the group member navigation.
4. When the group administrator of that private group clicks on the notification link or the link in the received email notification, the group administrator is brought to the Administrator -> Private Group Requests screen.
The group administrator can press the accept button or the reject button.
5. The group administrator sees a confirmation message: the request to join the group has been rejected.
6. The member whose request was rejected receives an e-mail message if enabled, and a notification which, when opened, displays: Membership in “group name” has been rejected.
A page for one group
1. If you want to attach a message to the group administrator when you request membership to join a private group, the option is to go to the home page of the private group.
Click the request membership button or the request membership tab in the private group header area.
2. A text area will appear so you can add your message to the group admin.
Click the send message button to send a message along with your private group membership request.
3. A member requesting membership in a private group sees a confirmation message that her membership request has been successfully sent to the group administrator.
You will be notified when a group administrator responds to your request.
4. Your request to join the group is sent to the private group administrator via email if enabled, and via a notification in the navigation notification for group members.
5. When a group administrator clicks on a notification link or a link in a received email notification, the group administrator will be presented with the Administrator -> Requests screen.
A message from the member requesting membership is displayed, along with an accept or decline button.
6. The group administrator sees a confirmation message that the request for membership in the group has been accepted.
7. A member who applied for membership in a private group receives an e-mail message if enabled and a notification on the web page which, after clicking, displays: accepted membership for “group name”.
8. When a member admitted to a private group clicks on the notification, the member is redirected to the home page of the private group, the private group activity screen.