Uninstalling or deleting the software from your computer may be necessary if the program is no longer used or if more space is needed.
The following sections detail the many techniques for removing applications from a computer running Microsoft Windows, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each.
To continue, go through all the alternatives or select one from the list below.
Ability to install and uninstall
- Removes all (or almost all) files transferred to your computer during the installation process.
- Not all applications support or use this feature.
- Press the Windows key, type Control Panel, and then press Enter to open it.
- Click the Uninstall software link in the Programs area.
- In the new window, select the app you want to uninstall and click Change, Remove or Uninstall.
- When prompted, select the Yes option.
What should I do if I’m not sure what to delete?
If you have no idea what it is, we recommend that you do not remove the software or ask someone who does.
If the program or game you want to remove is not listed, continue reading this page for more options.
- Developed by the creators of the program, this tool allows you to delete all files that were previously installed.
- It has the potential to cause problems by deleting files currently in use by other programs.
- Start by pressing the Start button.
- Under Programs or All Programs, open the Programs folder.
- Look for the Uninstall shortcut (Unwise or Uninstall) in the folder.
- To start the uninstallation procedure, click on the shortcut.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Open the folder containing the software you want to remove in Explorer.
- The Program Files folder is a decent place to start if you’re not sure where it is.
- What is the purpose of the two Program Files folders?
- Look for the Uninstall shortcut link (Unwise or Uninstall) or the executable file after the folder is opened.
If this option is not available for an app or game, continue reading this page to learn more about other ways to uninstall software.
- Removes files and registry settings associated with an application that is not removed when the program is manually deleted.
- It’s possible that you won’t be able to delete everything because it’s a third-party app and not an app made by the creator.
Uninstalling software on your computer can be done with the help of various commercial and free options.
Revo Uninstaller is a free and simple tool for uninstalling and removing unwanted files.
- When no other solution is available, manually uninstalling software from your computer can help conserve space.
- If the operating system or other programs destroy the files, it can lead to additional problems.
- Empty your Recycle Bin so you can recover any files you accidentally deleted.
- All vital data should be backed up.
When you’re ready, follow the instructions below to manually remove the files.
- Open the File Explorer (Windows Explorer) program.
- The application folder should be highlighted.
Be careful not to highlight the folder that contains it instead.
Be careful not to highlight, for example, the Program Files folder.
- To remove files, use the Del key on your keyboard.
- Restart your computer after removing the software to make sure there are no problems.