A spreadsheet can be marked with a watermark to let others know that it is a draft, includes sensitive data, or is not intended for duplication.
Other uses for watermarks exist, and these are frequently seen in the business sector.
Follow the instructions to add and remove a watermark in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
How to put a watermark on an Excel document
- Create a new spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel or open an existing one.
- Click the Insert tab in the Ribbon menu located at the top of the program window.
- Select the Header & Footer option from the drop-down menu by clicking the Text option on the far-right side of the Insert tab.
- Three text and image boxes in the header of the spreadsheet are visible.
Pick the center box.
- Select the Header & Footer tab from the Ribbon.
On that menu, select the Picture option.
- Click Open or Ok after choosing the photo file you want to use as a watermark from your computer.
The photo file on your computer has to be selected after clicking the From a file option in the most recent versions of Excel.
- To indicate that a photo has been put to the header, the text &[Picture] is seen there.
The image will appear as a watermark anywhere you click in the spreadsheet.
- By default, the image is visible at the top of the spreadsheet as a background.
To move the image down, place your mouse cursor at the top of the spreadsheet to see the header section.
In the center header box, click at the beginning of the &[Picture] text to place the text cursor before that text.
- The photo may be moved and placed wherever you wish by repeatedly pressing Enter.
How to remove a watermark in Excel
- To remove the watermark, open the Microsoft Excel worksheet that contains it.
- Click the View tab in the Ribbon menu located at the top of the application window.
- By selecting Page Layout, you may view the spreadsheet header and watermark image.
- To display the header section, place your mouse cursor at the top of the spreadsheet and click the center header box.
- Press Delete after selecting the text &[Picture] to get rid of the watermark image.