Are you fed up with Microsoft Teams?
As for Windows 11, we will teach you how to stop Microsoft Teams from starting when you start your computer.
Microsoft Teams is one of the company’s most popular apps, especially since many of us still work from home.
While Teams can be a great tool for remote meetings, not everyone uses it or wants to install it on their computer.
This tip is for you if you’ve ever wanted to know how to prevent Microsoft Teams from starting a computer startup.
Even if you don’t mind starting a program you don’t use every time you start your Windows 11 system, disabling it can help your computer load faster.
It will help free up RAM on your computer for other activities.
We will teach you how to block Microsoft Teams from running in Windows 11 in the section below.
We’ll even go over how to completely uninstall the program.
Since this is a Windows 11 guide, Windows 10 users won’t be able to follow it step-by-step, although the process is almost identical to Microsoft’s previous operating system.
How can I prevent Microsoft Teams from starting when I start my computer
There are several methods to prevent teams from opening at startup, but we went with the easiest way.
This approach can be used to prevent any program from starting at a startup.
- On the taskbar, click the magnifying glass icon (four windows) or simply Start.
- Type settings in the search field, then select Settings.
- Type apps in the top left search bar.
- Select Startup Apps (Select Startup Apps).
- Turn off the switch next to Microsoft Teams by scrolling down to the bottom of the page.
How can I remove Microsoft Teams from my taskbar?
Even if you disable the app from launching, the Microsoft Teams icon remains on your taskbar.
To remove Teams from the taskbar, follow the instructions below.
- Select Taskbar Settings from the context menu by right-clicking anywhere on the taskbar.
- Turn off the switch next to Chat in the taskbar items window.
How can I remove Microsoft Teams from my computer?
Follow these instructions to completely uninstall Microsoft Teams from your computer.
- On the taskbar, click the Start icon, and then click All Apps.
- Type Teams in the search bar.
Right-click on Microsoft Teams.
- In the popup that appears, select Uninstall.
Read our blog.