You might wish to include a link to a web page or a specific place within the same document in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Links can be used to add a bibliography to a school project or to point readers to a document, spreadsheet, or set of slides on a specific website.
The procedures listed below can be used to add this kind of link, often known as a hyperlink.
How to include a link
- Open Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint depending on where your document or file resides.
- Fill in the necessary content on the page.
- Highlight the text you wish to be a link using
- Click the Insert tab in the menu bar or Ribbon at the top of the Word, Excel, or PowerPoint program window.
- Click the Hyperlink or Link option under the Links section of the Insert tab.
The keyboard shortcut Ctrl+K may also be used to add a hyperlink to any highlighted text.
- Enter the URL for the web page you wish to set the hyperlink to in the Address text field of the Insert Hyperlink window, then click Ok.
The selected text is now a hyperlink that points to the chosen web page.
Click the Place in This Document option on the left side of the Insert Hyperlink box to make the highlighted text link to a destination inside the same document.
Next, you may choose where in the document you want to connect to.
How to remove or delete a link
To erase or remove a hyperlink from the text in a PowerPoint presentation, an Excel spreadsheet, or a Microsoft Word document, follow these instructions.
- Simply right-click the link text.
- In the pop-up menu, choose Remove Hyperlink.