In a spreadsheet application, freezing a column or row, also known as freezing panes in Microsoft Excel, prevents them from altering while you review a worksheet.
You may want the category names in a header to appear after the numbers as you scroll down to help you keep track of the data.
The sections that follow will teach you how to freeze and unfreeze rows and columns in Apple Numbers.
Freezing and unfreezing Rows or Columns
- Select Table from the menu bar when a spreadsheet is open.
- Choose Header Rows from the drop-down menu, followed by the number of header rows to freeze or unfreeze.
- Choose Header Columns from the drop-down menu, followed by the number of header columns to freeze or unfreeze.
- To freeze the headers, check the boxes adjacent to Freeze Header Rows and/or Freeze Header Columns.
- Uncheck these settings to unfreeze headers.