Finding duplicate values by looking at each cell in a spreadsheet with a lot of data may be time-consuming and challenging.
It is possible to find and highlight duplicate data in Microsoft Excel.
It saves you a ton of time and makes finding duplicates simple.
You can easily eliminate duplicate values from a spreadsheet using a tool in Microsoft Excel, which enables you to create a distinct list of values.
To locate and eliminate duplicates from an Excel spreadsheet, follow the text below and adhere to the directions.
Find duplicate values in an Excel
Use the instructions below to locate and highlight duplicate values in Microsoft Excel 2007 and later.
- Choose the cell range where you wish to look for duplicate values.
- Click the Conditional Formatting button on the Home tab of the Ribbon.
- Click the Highlight Cells Rules option in the drop-down menu.
- Select Duplicate Values from the menu.
The duplicate values will be highlighted in color in the specified range of cells, making it simple to spot them.
Remove duplicate values in an Excel
Follow the instructions below to get rid of duplicate values in Microsoft Excel 2007 and later.
- Choose the cells from which you wish to eliminate duplicate values.
- Click the Remove Duplicates button on the Data tab of the Ribbon.
- Verify the proper column is displayed in the Remove Duplicates panel, confirm the locations of the chosen cells, and then click Ok.
- You can see how many duplicate values were eliminated and how many unique values are still there in a confirmation box.
A distinct collection of values is left after the duplicate values in the specified cells are eliminated.