When you have multiple users on the same computer, it’s useful to have multiple accounts.
Not only does it allow you to avoid the inconvenience of having an administrator account online, but it also provides some privacy protection.
However, if you believe you need to delete some accounts, you’ve come to the right place to learn.
We will go through several techniques to remove user accounts in Windows 11 in this post.
How to remove a user account
It is critical that you back up your Windows files before we begin removing user accounts.
It’s a good practice to use regularly, but backing up Windows before deleting a user account is critical in case something goes wrong.
You can save the backup to your hard drive, external hard drive, or even to the cloud.
To start the backup, go to the Start menu search box and type control panel, then select Best Match.
Then take the following steps.
- Select System and Security from the drop-down menu.
- Then, from the menu, select Make a copy and restore.
- Select the option to create a backup.
- Select a backup location, then click Next.
- Click Next after selecting Let Windows choose.
- Finally, save the settings and run the backup.
The backup procedure for your entire PC will start as soon as you do this.
When you generate a backup, be sure to store it on a drive other than the one on which you installed Windows.
After making a full backup, you can start deleting your Windows user accounts with the help of Windows settings.
User accounts can be removed from Settings
Multiple user accounts can be removed from Windows Settings.
- Type settings in the Start menu search box, then select Best Match.
You can also use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut.
- Select Accounts -> Family and other users from the menu.
- Select the user account you want to delete, then click Remove.
- Finally, from the drop-down menu, select Delete account and data.
User accounts can be removed from the Control Panel
If the settings technique mentioned above does not help you to solve the problem, you can use the Control Panel.
- To access the Control Panel, go to the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Remove user accounts by going to User Accounts -> Remove User Accounts.
- Select Delete account after selecting the account you want to delete.
- Finally, go to Files -> Delete Account -> Delete Account.
Using the command line to delete user accounts
The command line is a text-based interface that allows you to easily run and manage any Windows programs with just a few keystrokes.
- To use the command prompt, first, go to the Start menu search box and type CMD, then Run it as administrator.
- In the interface, type the following command and press Enter :
- It will show all the different user accounts on your computer.
Select the one you want to remove, then type the following command and press Enter :
net user “name” /delete
Replace ” name ” with the username of the account you want to remove.
If you follow the above procedures, your account will be deleted immediately.
See the news of our blog.