You might want to learn how to change your Instagram username for a variety of reasons.
Maybe your name has changed and you want to show who you are online.
Or maybe it’s time to stop using the username you chose when you were a teenager because it’s humiliating now that you’re an adult and responsible.
Whatever the reason, changing your Instagram username is pretty easy, whether you’re using a browser on Mac OS, Windows, or Chrome OS, a smartphone or tablet like the iPhone 13 or Galaxy Tab S8, or a desktop or laptop computer.
The best part is that you can, if you want, change your Instagram username one more time within 14 days.
Do you want to change your Instagram username?
See our detailed explanation below.
How to change your Instagram username using the iOS and Android apps
On iOS or Android, changing your Instagram username is easy with the right tools.
- To access your Instagram profile page, first, open the app and click on your profile photo in the bottom right corner.
- Under the biography text, select Edit profile.
- Select the Username field.
- After entering the new username, confirm it by clicking on the blue tick in the upper right corner.
How to change your Instagram username using a web browser on your computer
- Sign in by visiting the Instagram home page.
Then select Profile by clicking on the profile photo in the upper right corner.
- Next to your username, click Edit Profile.
- After entering your new username in the Username area, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
Now you understand how to change your Instagram username.