How to alter Microsoft Word’s default save location is explained in the steps below.
- Depending on your version of Word, click File or the Office logo in the upper left of the Microsoft Word window.
- Depending on your version of Word, select Options at the bottom left or Word Options at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- On the left side of the Options box, click Save.
- To the right of this choice, find the Default local file location and click Browse.
- Click Ok after choosing the location where you wish to save the files.
- Click Ok when you’re back in the Word Options box.