The best smartphone under $500.
- Display: 6.1-inch OLED (2400 x 1080; 60Hz)
- CPU: Tensor
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage / Expandable: 128GB / No
- Rear Camera: 12.2MP wide (f/1.7), 12MP ultrawide (f/2.2)
- Front Camera: 8MP (f/2.0)
- Weight: 6.3 ounces
- Battery Life (Hrs:Mins): 6:29
- Excellent cameras.
- The display has good light.
- Inexpensive features powered by a tensor.
- Mediocre battery life.
- Remarkably affordable materials.
These smartphones are both powered by the Tensor processor found in the Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6a.
That suggests that this smartphone, which costs less than $500, has access to the same AI-powered features as the more costly phone.
And Google raises the stakes even higher by adding additional tools to its outstanding Magic Erase image editing program.
Speaking of photos, the Pixel 6a carries on Google’s tradition of producing budget smartphones with top-notch cameras.
Even if the Pixel 6a’s camera hardware isn’t very outstanding, thanks to Google’s skill in computational photography, your photos will still be better than those taken with similarly priced cameras on other phones.
Even photos that can compete with those from a more costly handset could be obtained.
The Pixel 6a’s battery life might be greater, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices in order to save money.
With the Pixel 6a, these compromises are really small, which is great.